For more information about the selection committee, see the Selection Committee FAQs and the Selection Committee Protocol.
Kirby Hocutt, Chair
Director of Athletics, Texas Tech University
- Experience as athletics director at three FBS institutions in three separate conferences.
- College football student-athlete, four-year letterman and all-conference selection.
Former Head Coach, Virginia Tech
- Forty-nine years of college football experience as a coach and student-athlete.
- Hokies’ head football coach for 29 seasons.
- Winningest active coach in FBS history at the time of his retirement.
Former Head Coach, University of Southern Mississippi
- Spent 29 years at the University of Southern Mississippi as a head coach, assistant coach and student-athlete.
- Named “Coach of the Decade” by Conference USA in 2004.
Former Head Coach, Central Michigan University
- Member of the College Football Hall of Fame.
- Spent a combined 38 years at CMU and retired as the winningest coach in Mid-American Conference history.
Former NCAA Executive Vice President
- Thirty-eight year career at the NCAA, serving as senior-level executive, including executive vice president, deputy executive director and chief operating officer.
- Supervised NCAA Division I, II and III football, including NCAA Football Board of Directors, College Football Officiating LLC and Football Issues Committee.
- Four-year scholarship football student-athlete at the University of Oregon (1963-1967).
Former Head Coach, Vanderbilt University
- Thirty-nine years of college football experience as a coach and student-athlete.
- 2008 Southeastern Conference (SEC) Coach of the Year.
Vice Chancellor and Director of Athletics, University of Arkansas
- More than 35 years of college football experience as an administrator, assistant coach and football student-athlete.
- Has served in athletics administration, coaching or on staff at nine FBS institutions in seven FBS conferences.
- Experience at FBS, FCS and Division II levels.
Director of Athletics, University of Oregon
- Member of the Positive Coaching Alliance’s National Advisory Board.
- Guided Oregon to its best finish ever in the Directors’ Cup, a national assessment of an athletic department’s overall achievements.
Director of Athletics, Clemson University
- More than 30 years of college football experience as an athletics director and football student-athlete.
- Athletic administrative positions at five FBS institutions.
Director of Athletics, Ohio State University
- Over 40 years of college football experience as an athletics director, administrator and student-athlete.
- Two-time winner of the Sports Business Journal Athletic Director of the Year.
- First sitting athletics director to receive NACDA's James J. Corbett Memorial Award.
Former College Football Reporter, USA TODAY
- Sportswriter for more than 30 years and top college football writer for USA Today.
- Named by Chronicle of Higher Education as one of the “10 Most Powerful People in College Sports.”
- One of the “50 Most Influential People in College Sports” as selected by College Sports magazine.
Former Head Coach of Three FBS Institutions
- Thirty-six years of college football experience as head coach, assistant coach and student-athlete.
- Former head coach for three FBS institutions.
- Named 2002 Coach of the Year by ESPN and Home Depot.
President, Robert Morris University
- Harvard M.B.A. and Rhodes Scholar who earned his doctorate from Oxford.
- College football student-athlete and First Team Academic All-American.
- Inaugural recipient of the Campbell Trophy.